The image many people have of Puerto Rico is not a very positive one. We are seen as lazy people being maintained by the the United States. However, there is the flip side of the coin. Here is a video to show you reality....no politics, just numbers. What do you think? (The video is in Spanish.)
TASK: Watch the video and then write your reaction to the video. Did you know this information already? Was there anything that stood out for you? What do you think we can or should do to change this negative image? (Paragraph: 5-8 sentences).
I already knew a little about this topic because I heard Jay Fonseca speak about it on "El Circo de la Mega". The federal government makes money off of everything our little island produces. If we all stand together we can try to revoke this law. We're always complaining about what little we have yet Puerto Rico provides the US government with a huge amount of money. Thanks to people like "El Boriquazo" we learn about such situations.
my reaction to this situation is that the Puerto Rican based its economy on the American economy so it understands that depends for its stability. The reality is that Puerto Rico has to input majority government contribution of U.S.. saying that we are kept product is rather dependent behavior of people whose education and sutento government is based largely on federal aid as you mentioned in the video. we as a country emplementar one junction and equality for the same purpose haca out front with or without federal aid and promote a good image in the exterior as Latino Puerto Rico. in my opinion I'm proud to be Puerto Rican and I'm not a kept since I do not receive any kind of helped the government and received although I'm sure I contribute more to what I can get.
My reaction to this situation is that the Puerto Rican based its economy on the American economy so it understands that depends for its stability. The reality is that Puerto Rico has to input majority government contribution of U.S.. saying that we are held is rather the product of behavior of people dependent on the government whose education and livelihood is based largely on federal aid as you mentioned in the video. we as a country emplementar one junction and equality for the same purpose out ahead with or without federal aid and promote a good image in the exterior as Latino Puerto Rico. in my opinion I'm proud to be Puerto Rican and I'm not a kept since I do not receive any kind of helped the government and received although I'm sure I contribute more to what I can get.
The issue is that the big corporation of the USA is making lots of money here in Puerto Rico another jurisdiction. The money they are making does not stay in Puerto Rico not even 24 hours. This money not only is taking away from our pocket is also taking away from our local economy. These corporation like Wal-Mart, Wall green, Sam’s, Kmart produce par time jobs. By doing this the take away many benefit from the employee. We are not lazy we are working people who are being exploited one way or the other.
I have never heard talk about the money we receive from the U.S. and the one we give to them. This is a theme that every one in Puerto Rico should know so that people know were the money is invested. According to the video is more what we give than what we receive. The people that work give part of what they earn, so that others get benefit. We should get the oportunity to get products in other places that would be for a healthy economy. We might talk about this theme, but not everyone will get to understand what this is about. Only the people who really work for our economy know what about her.
My reaction to this situation is very sad. The federal government makes money off of everything our little island produce. In this country they are many people who work and pay taxes to make this better. PR depends EU and its federal grants and student scholarships. Large companies only provide jobs in the short time and adquire manyemployee benefits. Only the persons who knows how you work must be sacrificed so that later you with draw all deductions.
Hellooooooo!! first are not maintained by agriculture and we have resources. and this video is good for people who say that Puerto Ricans are kept open their eyes, and respect.
In my opinion provides a discussion on the economy and is spent and distributed the money and funds and the reality is different numbers are not exact numbers but said a portion of those funds go to the government of this country. Puerto Ricans But we work hard to be on the table every day food, yet others do not work and if they are kept even if they say otherwise. Everyone is in their own way, the only college fund money to study what happens with that some think that because we have this background it is easy to study, because they do not consider apart of our research work must work hard to study and pay the expenses that we have to do. For each part of the money spent is to improve the country, a quarter of the money goes to universities and some wings to help families, but that has to do with the numbers, these numbers can be altered. You can hear many things but each with their own opinion. But you have to see the numbers if the government spends more. I hope this comment is an opinion not misunderstand what was said.
Always know that Puerto Rico receives a lot of money from the US, but never count money and had told them received number. With this number we realize that Puerto Rico is like a gold mine even the US. This is one of the thing that Puerto Rico does not progress because all the money they bring to the US. For this reason the economy is not progressing. We need to start supporting it in here so that our money is that from here on the island. One of the things that the U.S. wants Puerto Rico to stay with status is giving us less and they receive more of the island.
I already knew a little about this topic because I heard Jay Fonseca speak about it on "El Circo de la Mega". The federal government makes money off of everything our little island produces. If we all stand together we can try to revoke this law. We're always complaining about what little we have yet Puerto Rico provides the US government with a huge amount of money. Thanks to people like "El Boriquazo" we learn about such situations.
ReplyDeletemy reaction to this situation is that the Puerto Rican based its economy on the American economy so it understands that depends for its stability. The reality is that Puerto Rico has to input majority government contribution of U.S.. saying that we are kept product is rather dependent behavior of people whose education and sutento government is based largely on federal aid as you mentioned in the video. we as a country emplementar one junction and equality for the same purpose haca out front with or without federal aid and promote a good image in the exterior as Latino Puerto Rico. in my opinion I'm proud to be Puerto Rican and I'm not a kept since I do not receive any kind of helped the government and received although I'm sure I contribute more to what I can get.
ReplyDeleteMy reaction to this situation is that the Puerto Rican based its economy on the American economy so it understands that depends for its stability. The reality is that Puerto Rico has to input majority government contribution of U.S.. saying that we are held is rather the product of behavior of people dependent on the government whose education and livelihood is based largely on federal aid as you mentioned in the video. we as a country emplementar one junction and equality for the same purpose out ahead with or without federal aid and promote a good image in the exterior as Latino Puerto Rico. in my opinion I'm proud to be Puerto Rican and I'm not a kept since I do not receive any kind of helped the government and received although I'm sure I contribute more to what I can get.
DeleteThe issue is that the big corporation of the USA is making lots of money here in Puerto Rico another jurisdiction. The money they are making does not stay in Puerto Rico not even 24 hours. This money not only is taking away from our pocket is also taking away from our local economy. These corporation like Wal-Mart, Wall green, Sam’s, Kmart produce par time jobs. By doing this the take away many benefit from the employee. We are not lazy we are working people who are being exploited one way or the other.
ReplyDeleteI have never heard talk about the money we receive from the U.S. and the one we give to them. This is a theme that every one in Puerto Rico should know so that people know were the money is invested. According to the video is more what we give than what we receive. The people that work give part of what they earn, so that others get benefit. We should get the oportunity to get products in other places that would be for a healthy economy. We might talk about this theme, but not everyone will get to understand what this is about. Only the people who really work for our economy know what about her.
ReplyDeleteMy reaction to this situation is very sad. The federal government makes money off of everything our little island produce. In this country they are many people who work and pay taxes to make this better. PR depends EU and its federal grants and student scholarships. Large companies only provide jobs in the short time and adquire manyemployee benefits. Only the persons who knows how you work must be sacrificed so that later you with draw all deductions.
ReplyDeleteHellooooooo!! first are not maintained by agriculture and we have resources. and this video is good for people who say that Puerto Ricans are kept open their eyes, and respect.
ReplyDeletehellooo is the first time I do this I hope to learn. these are good options to learn something new. I hope to learn more of this blogging.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion provides a discussion on the economy and is spent and distributed the money and funds and the reality is different numbers are not exact numbers but said a portion of those funds go to the government of this country. Puerto Ricans But we work hard to be on the table every day food, yet others do not work and if they are kept even if they say otherwise. Everyone is in their own way, the only college fund money to study what happens with that some think that because we have this background it is easy to study, because they do not consider apart of our research work must work hard to study and pay the expenses that we have to do. For each part of the money spent is to improve the country, a quarter of the money goes to universities and some wings to help families, but that has to do with the numbers, these numbers can be altered. You can hear many things but each with their own opinion. But you have to see the numbers if the government spends more.
ReplyDeleteI hope this comment is an opinion not misunderstand what was said.
ReplyDeleteAlways know that Puerto Rico receives a lot of money from the US, but never count money and had told them received number. With this number we realize that Puerto Rico is like a gold mine even the US. This is one of the thing that Puerto Rico does not progress because all the money they bring to the US. For this reason the economy is not progressing. We need to start supporting it in here so that our money is that from here on the island. One of the things that the U.S. wants Puerto Rico to stay with status is giving us less and they receive more of the island.