Saturday, November 9, 2013

THANKSGIVING

Thanksgiving is coming up. Many people take this time to thank God, but I think we should thank Him everyday of our lives. Most of us are thankful for our family and friends.  Share 3 SPECIFIC things you are thankful for.  Most of us are thankful for our family and friends, but I want your post to be a little different.  If you say family and/or friends, describe a specific thing about that person or a specific moment in life you have shared. 


SAMPLE:
1.I'm grateful I am bilingual.  Thanks to my mom, my grandparents, my aunt and uncle, I learned to speak Spanish since I was little.  My aunt even gave my cousin, my sister, and me classes teaching us how to read and write in Spanish.  It's sad that today many Puerto Ricans living in the US don't or can't speak Spanish because their parents talk to them in English all the time.  They're going to learn English in school anyways.  Thanks to being bilingual I can enjoy movies, books, music, etc. in both languages without having someone translate it for me.  Some things are lost in translations.

2. I was born and raised in Chicago.  At the age of 17, I moved to Puerto Rico.  At first I didn't like it, but today I am grateful that my family decided to move here.  I have gotten to learn about my roots and about the beautiful places on the island.  I still miss Chicago, but nothing compares to the beautiful beaches, sunrises, sunsets, and the natural scenery on the island.

3. Above all I am thankful for my son. He is the light of my life. I had problems getting pregnant but the Lord answered my prayers. He sometimes drives me up a wall (LOL!) but he definitely makes me laugh. I am so proud of him. He's funny, intelligent, and very loving!  One of the things that makes him so special is that EVERYDAY he tells me he loves me.  At 19 he still kisses and hugs me even if his friends are present.


TASK: Be SPECIFIC about what you are thankful for.  Remember it's THREE things.  Leave a blank line (space) between each response.


DATE DUE: November 30, 2010

6 comments:

  1. 1 I'm thanked God for the family thatI have. That despite the fact that no everything is a I wish. I love them and I care about them. Thank God for my three dauther's and my grand children. And I pray that you're with them.

    2. Thaks God because I live in Puerto Rico in the town of Guanica. I like it better than my hometown San Juan. Thanks for letting me enjjoy its beaches and mountains.And I ask God, for those who are gone, that you God let them come back.

    3. I thank God for these two years of studiy. Where I had the wonderful opportunity, to study nursing in Columbia in Yauco Puerto Rico. Where I shere with new people and some wonderful theachers. And God bless the beutiful smile of theacher Maritza Muñoz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Von Marie Cintron OliverasNovember 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM

    1. I owe God for everything and all the years we shared with family especially my uncles and my neighbors that we are always together on that special day you. Since my brothers are all in the United States. But despite that we always call to greet the family.

    2. I am grateful to God that day to share with my friends especially with my partner because it will be the first year together as a family sharing.

    3. I'm so grateful that I got home and it's where I live now and grateful for the opportunity to continue studying before good and bad situations. I am very grateful to God for being another year with my family and my first year with my partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. I thank God for my family. My first daughter arrived in my life when I was young and unemployed, and because of her I decided to go to school and become a paramedic.
    2. I'm thankful for my wife Jacqueline for helping me become the man I am today and for giving me two beautiful children.
    3. I'm thankful for the opportunity that I have to become a nurse so I can provide for my family and help give them a better future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Thank to my husband,my sons,my family,my life. I give thankto God for my family for all the days,our lives, triumphs and we forgive all of our sins, for PR to be a better country.
    2. My family makes a difference because we are together and very happy. Each of them are special, humble, loving and entrepreneurs with many goals and dreams to fulfill.
    3. My most special moments are when they tell me how much they love me and how proud they feel about me. I thank God for them and they are my family. They are the light of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. In first place I want to thank my mother for giving me my life, and raising eight children to be good. Also she taught me education, respect, human valves and everything I am today. Anything can happen in life and I will always be grateful, and sometimes I feel bad for not listening to her advice, because I know it was for the best. Till this day we live a happy life, and because of this we will always be happy. I will do everything right for she can happy and proud of me.

    2. I was born in P.R. and lived her with my brothers and mother 23 years. I’m proud of living here among my family, and of what my mother gives me. When I was 18 years old, I became a mother for the first time. It was so special, when I saw him for the first time, it changed my life forever, and it still changes me while he grows up. It is because of him that I keep going. Thanks to him I feel full of love, and he always seems to make me laugh, also makes me mad but just another responsibility of an adult.

    3. For last, I would like to say that I am grateful to a couple of my brothers that supported me in very difficult times, and specially my boyfriend, for being who he is and appearing in my life when he did. He also gave me support and comprehension. It is the fundamental idea of being with him along side my son to realize that I am happy. Everybody that I mentioned make me who I am today and who I’ll be in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.I want to thank, first of all to God for all the blessings he has placed in my path, for listening and helping me when I need it most, he is not the one that I am and that I live by is I thank my family and friends, for everything that surrounds me, for good and for evil, thank you God all the glory.

    2. I was born and I grew up in Yauco, where I live, I am the second of three children for which I thank God, I have a mother copy so I thank you all their dedication and effort,for they take us forward, but thankful that my family and I was raised with the purest love and all the dedication that only a mother can give

    3.finally thank my friends especially my best friend named Danes, life has brought us together and our friendship is unique, we have experienced great experiences together, I think that when we get have much to old to remember lol, as for the rest are just material things and thank God for filling me life and health I managed optener, once again thank God for everything you've given me, amen

    ReplyDelete